CIRCUIT COURT SECURITY SCREENERS
We are not accepting applications for this position at this time but may do so in the future.
- Screening of persons entering the Circuit Court
- Offering information and directing visitors needing assistance
- Monitoring persons proceeding through the Magnetometer and following up with hand held magnetometer when necessary
- Monitoring X-Ray Machine operations for personal items as well as parcel packages
- Assist with Command Center/Security Room operations
- Provide general relief of Deputies as needed
- Operation of agency vehicles when needed
- Will wear a protective ballistic vest while working
- Any other duties as required by the Sheriff or court security supervisors
- Must possess a valid Maryland Driver's License and have a satisfactory driving record. Their current driving record cannot exceed three points
- Binocular visual acuity must be 20/20 with or without correction.
- Must have a good reputation and sound moral character.
- Must not have any current court orders against him or her relating to domestic violence nor any criminal misdemeanor or felony convictions.
- Must be truthful in every stage of the application process.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The employee is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
An individual is ineligible for initial hiring if the individual has:
(1) Been convicted or otherwise found guilty of selling, manufacturing, or distributing a controlled dangerous substance, narcotic drug, or marijuana;
(2) Ever illegally sold, produced, cultivated, distributed, or transported a controlled dangerous substance, narcotic drug, or marijuana;
(3) Illegally used marijuana for any purpose within the 36 months before application as a cadet;
(4) Been convicted or otherwise found guilty of underage consumption of alcohol;
(5) Ever illegally used a controlled dangerous substance including:
(b) Phencyclodine (PCP); or
(c) Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD)
$21/hour (effective January 19, 2022)
Part-time position of 24 hours or less per week